How many heads on a zone?

How can I increase my water pressure?

Can I mix rotors and spray heads on the same zone?

How deep should my trenches be?

What size pipe should I use?

Should I use Sch 40 or Class 200 pipe?

What is a Backflow Preventer and do I need one?

A backflow preventer is a device that stops water in your sprinkler system from traveling back into the public water supply. Yes you need one. This device is for public safety and you must have one to meet the building code. There are two most commonly used devices for residential sprinkler systems. The first is a Double Check Valve Assembly which is a single device installed directly after your main stop valve below ground, in a valve box. This device requires annual testing by a certified tester, usually a $35 to $45 charge. The other is an Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB). The AVB is a part of your zone valve. The zone valve with the AVB will need to be installed a minimum of 6" above the ground. This device does not need to be tested. The down side is, they're more susceptible to freeze damage and they're ugly.

Do I need a permit?

Isn't it more convenient to get everything in one valve box?

How long should I run my sprinklers?

If you have any more questions please call or stop by, we would be happy to answer them.

This information is subject to the Terms of Use of this website.